How to apply for the Kisan credit card loan?
Kisan Credit Card Loan (KCC) was introduced to save the farmers of India from the high rates of interest paid in the unorganized sector by money borrower. Farmers can take advantage of a loan as and when they need it. The interest paid is also flexible, implying that if consumers create regular payments, then a lower interest rate is paid to them. Other credit card details are set out below.
Objectives of Kisan credit card loan
The main purpose of Kisan Credit Card Loan is to offer loans at a low interest rate to farmers. Until this scheme, farmers used to rely on money borrowers who paid a high interest rate and on the due date were fixed. This causes a lot of issues for farmers, particularly while they are suffering from a disaster like rainstorm, flood, etc.
On the other side, Kisan credit card loans pay a lower interest rate, provide a flexible schedule of repayments. Additionally, the consumer is always given with crop insurance and collateral-free insurance. Kisan Credit Card Loan Scheme Details are:
- The rate of interest on the loan could be as low as 2.00 percent
- Banks don’t receive protection on rs. 1.60 lakh loans
- Users are given protection for crop insurance against a number of disasters
- Farmers are offered with insurance cover against fixed disability, death, other threats to the farmer are also given
- The repayment term shall be determined on the basis of the harvest and its marketing duration
- The card holder may take out a maximum loan up to Rs. 3.00 lakh
- Farmers can deposit their money into the Kisan Credit Card account to get a high interest rate
- When farmers make timely payments, they are paid simple interest rates
- Compound interest is paid whenever cardholders failed to make payments in due time
Benefits of Kisan credit card Loans
- Flexible solutions for compensation and trouble-free disbursement.
- Single credit facilities/term loan for all farming and incidental needs.
- The authorizing Bank checks the loan each year and agrees on the validity of the current Credit Card.
- Help in buying fertilizers, crops, etc., along with taking advantage of merchant/dealer cash discounts.
- Credit is accessible for up to 3 years, and can be repaid after the harvest season is finished.
- Minimal paperwork and total flexibility provided by the issuing bank to withdraw the necessary funds.
Kisan credit card Loan eligibility
Kisan credit card loan is issued to those who engaged in cultivation, related activities, or other non-agricultural activities. Following are the specific eligibility conditions for Kisan Credit Card loan:
- Tenants who take up land leased for agriculture are also liable for KCC.
- Individuals and joint farm landowners are eligible to apply for KCC Loan.
- The land in question must be engaged in agriculture and be growing a crop.
- Applicant age at the time of submission must be between 18 and 60 years.
Kisan credit card offered by different banks
- Axis bank
- Bank of India
- State bank of India
- ICICI bank
- HDFC bank
Documents required for Kisan credit cards
According to the principle of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Kisan Credit Card application should be in accordance with the internal guidelines of the issuing Bank. Therefore every Bank has a specific collection of documents that are needed.
The necessary documents needed when applying for a Kisan Credit Card are listed below:
- The applicant’s duly filled in and signed the KCC Loan application form.
- Copy of proof of identity, including Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter ID, driving license, etc.
- Proof of resident, indicating the current address of the applicant.
- Documents of land possession or a leasing arrangement.
- A photograph of the applicant’s passport size.
- Other documents as required by the Issuing Bank, such as protection PDC.
How to apply for KCC loan
It is incredibly easy to apply for a KCC Loan. Applicants may take advantage of the loan directly by contacting any branch of the Bank they can wish with the documents needed. Applicants can also apply online for the KCC by visiting the Bank of their choice.
Here are the steps which will be helpful to apply for a Kisan credit card online :
- Visit the website of the official bank
- Pick ‘Kisan Credit Card’ from the available credit card list.
- Click on the button to Apply.
- You’ll be redirected to the application page online
- Before clicking on ‘Submit,’ fill in the appropriate fields with the exact information.
- When a request is submitted, the program will produce a reference number for the query. Take the same note, and use it for all possible questions.
The Bank will process the application if eligible, and it will contact it within 3-4 working days and will let you know about further steps in the application procedure. You will be notified of the documents needed to process the application, and an appointment for document collection will be scheduled. After the documents submitted have been successfully checked, the Bank will deliver the credit card to your registered address.
Interest rate and Credit limit
It is up to the banks to ensure the interest rate of the KCC, which will comply with the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). However, to measure the interest rate, one can use a KCC interest rate calculator available on various bank websites. Similarly, the Bank concerned also sets the KCC limit. The KCC Loan scheme is, therefore, an extremely advantageous loan scheme for Indian farmers. The trouble-free disbursement and flexible repayment method is very convenient for farmers and ensures that farmers are able to grow and harvest crops smoothly. The farmers can also use their loans to buy seeds and fertilizers, enabling farmers to stay away from the lenders of exploitative and non-institutional capital.
Sangharsh Kutir, Jungle Salikram, Padari Bazar, Gorakhpur (UP) 273014